Home » Toni Rudiger put in awkward position over Chelsea loan exit
Chelsea Transfer Rumours

Toni Rudiger put in awkward position over Chelsea loan exit


Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger has been told he must sign a new contract if he wants to leave on loan. The German who has seen his stock fall at Stamford Bridge has been informed by his coach Frank Lampard that he will not play regularly this season.

The German defender has had issues recently with injuries which has affected his performances on the field. Frank Lampard has not featured him in their last four matches of the season.

And according to the Mirror, Frank Lampard has sanctioned his loan but Rudiger cannot go unless he agrees to a 12-month extension to his contract, which currently expires in 18 months.

Chelsea want to make sure the player does not leave on a free transfer shortly after he comes back from a season-long loan spell.

If Rudiger agrees and commits to the extension, he will likely go on loan before the deadline transfer day.

A permanent sale is not ruled out either, with Tottenham showing interest if they cannot sign Milan Skriniar from Inter Milan.

But with Inter Milan not willing to sell Skriniar, interest in Rudiger has now intensified with renowned journalist Nicolo Schiro claiming that Spurs have made an official loan offer with the option to make it permanent.  PSG and West Ham have also shown an interest in the Germany international.


None of the videos and major sports events streams are hosted, uploaded, or affiliated with us in any way. We simply crawl and index data from sites online and videos related to various sporting events that are available to stream online. All highlights, videos, and live streams are not actually on SportMargin and are indexed from other sources.

DMCA Compliance – Any video content found on this site is not uploaded or created by us, our servers do not host any video you find on our website.

If you have any issues, requests or would like to report any copyright issues feel free to contact us by using the form available here.